Jack Nicholson, Dustin Hoffman join list of Oscar presenters
- Survivors unlikely onboard missing IAF aircraft AN-32: MoS Defence
- Selfie Gold goes to Sports Minister Vijay Goel but Rio panel isn’t amused
- Prakash Javadekar accepts what Smriti Irani rejected: PMO idea to let IIMs choose their chiefs
- In standoff with SC on judges’ postings, Govt digs its heels in
- Should bury data, said Ranbaxy chief when R&D head revealed fudge: Tribunal order
Multiple Academy Award winners Jack Nicholson and Dustin Hoffman will present at this year's Oscars ceremony, show producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron announced today.
Nicholson has been nominated 12 times and won for his leading performances in "One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest" (1975) and "As Good as It Gets" (1997). He also won the award for supporting actor in 1983 for "Terms of Endearment".
Hoffman, who has been nominated seven times, won for his leading performances in "Kramer vs Kramer" (1979) and "Rain Man" (1988).
"Between the two of them, Jack Nicholson and Dustin Hoffman have created more iconic characters than any other pair of actors in the world. Their participation in this year's Oscars completes a list of presenters and performers that truly represents that great breadth and depth of acting talent in film today," said Zadan and Meron.
The duo join a list of previously announced Oscar presenters including Jane Fonda, Jennifer Garner, Kristen Stewart, Kerry Washington, Salma Hayek Pinault, Melissa McCarthy, Liam Neeson, John Travolta, Ben Affleck, Jessica Chastain, Jennifer Lawrence, Halle Berry, Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman amongst many more.
Oscars will be presented tomorrow at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood and Highland Center and will be hosted by Seth MacFarlane.
- All parties meet about Kashmir. But are they prepared to hear the Kashmiris?
- Wang Yi’s Delhi visit is an occasion to start a conversation with Beijing
- India needs to build legal expertise to press its case in international maritime disputes
- Blockchain and distributed ledger technology can make the state more accountable
- She has not let anyone down. The people of India have let down Irom Sharmila
- Triple talaq: Indian Muslims must find a solution in accordance with the teachings and spirit of Islam