Jack Nicholson to star in 'The Judge'
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Veteran Hollywood star Jack Nicholson is reportedly being courted to play Robert Downey Jr's father in his next project, a legal drama 'The Judge'.
Warner Bros have made an unofficial offer to the 75-year-old actor to star in the drama-comedy, being developed by Robert's Team Downey production company, sources said.
The film will see a successful lawyer, played by Robert, returning to his hometown for his mother's funeral only to discover his estranged father, the town's judge, who is stricken with Alzheimer's disease, is the main murder suspect.
The lawyer decides to represent his father in court and in the process reconnects with the family he walked out on years before.
Nicholson, who is picky when it comes to the acting roles he takes, has only made only seven films in the last decade.
David Dobkin is rumoured to be in the frame to co-produce and direct.