'Jack Reacher' premiere postponed following school shooting
- Sonia Gandhi attacks BJP ideology, says Country is at crossroads
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi
Paramount Pictures has postponed the premiere of Tom Cruise's thriller "Jack Reacher" out of respect for the families of the victims of Newtown elementary school shooting.
The movie had been scheduled to premiere today in Pittsburgh but the production house says "out of honour and respect of families" they won't screen the movie, said The Hollywood Reporter.
"Due to the terrible tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut, and out of honor and respect for the families of the victims whose lives were senselessly taken, we are postponing tomorrow's Pittsburgh premiere of Jack Reacher. Our hearts go out to all those who lost loved ones," the production house said.
On Friday morning, gunman Adam Lanza, 20, went on a rampage at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, leaving 26 people dead, including 20 children – many of them kindergartners.
In "Jack Reacher", Cruise stars as the mysterious title character, a drifter and former police officer who tries to solve a case involving a hired killer and a shady Russian operative known as 'The Zec'.