Jackie Chan to star in a comedy
- Obama rules out putting US troops on ground to fight Islamic State
- Heavy rainfall floods Tamil Nadu, rail, road services badly hit; 71 killed so far
- Azam Khan's remarks on Paris attacks spark row, BJP demands action
- French officials identify Belgian national as suspected mastermind
- Awards recognition of talent, they should be cherished: Prez
Chinese martial arts star Jackie Chan is to appear as a detective in an English-language comedy which is currently untitled.
The 58-year-old actor's JC Group International are teaming with Talent International Media Group to produce the project, which is based on an original idea of the actor, reported Digital Spy online.
The as-yet untitled film, which will be written by Jay Longino, will see Chan play a detective, who is out to track down an American gambler who has ducked out of a debt he owes to a Macau casino syndicate.
Chan can next be seen in "Chinese 12 Zodiac", which he also directed, wrote and produced.
- Responses to Mumbai, Paris attacks were strikingly different. But India has learnt since
- Tipu Sultan: Revisionist overlook his bigotry, contemporaries saw nothing else
- True successors of Gandhi-Nehru
- Raja-Mandala: The final burial of non-alignment
- Modi in Britain: Beyond a reiteration of good intentions, little was achieved
- The government’s version of the uniform civil code must be debated publicly