Jagan blasts Centre over creation of Telangana, calls for 72-hour bandh
- Nobody will be allowed to break India's unity, says Rajnath after Masarat's arrest
- Modi should behave like a PM, not an RSS 'pracharak': Congress
- Vehicles set ablaze in Kolkata suburb after death of councillor's brother
- Yechury says Modi's frequent foreign trips to make up for years of not being able to fly
- VIDEO: The only Indian civilian to have done aerobatics on a Sukhoi
YSR Congress president Y S Jaganmohan Reddy on Thursday called for a 72-hour bandh in protest against the Union Cabinet's approval for creation of Telangana as the 29th state.
Holding the ruling Congress and main opposition TDP responsible for the decision, he demanded that all Lok Sabha members from Seemandhra regions quit, so that the process of division could be halted.
He took exception to Centre's decision to go ahead with the division without taking on board the resolution of Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly.
Jagan recalled that Assembly resolutions were passed when the states of Chhattisgarh, Uttarakhand and Jharkhand were formed.
Future course of action by YSRCP would be decided soon, he said.