Jaganmohan Reddy appears before CBI court in disproportionate assets case
- April 23 campaign roundup: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- IPL 7: All-round Jadeja steals show in CSK win
YSR Congress president Y S Jaganmohan Reddy on Thursday appeared before a special CBI court here in connection a disproportionate assets case against him.
Former Andhra Pradesh Minister Sabitha Indra Reddy, also an accused in the case, Jagan's financial advisor V Vijay Sai Reddy, industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad among other accused too appeared before the court as part of proceedings in the case.
The court issued a non-bailable warrant (NBW) against former General Manager of Andhra Pradesh Industrial Infrastructure Corporation (APIIC) Y Vijaya Lakshmi Prasad, for not attending the court. Prasad had been earlier named in one of the chargesheets filed by CBI in connection with the case.
The court then posted the matter to October 31.
The case relates to alleged investments made by various companies in Jagan's firms as quid pro quo for favours bestowed on them during the tenure of his father Y S Rajasekhara Reddy as Chief Minister between 2004 and 2009.
The court, in the meanwhile, extended till October 31 the judicial remand of former Karnataka Minister Gali Janardhan Reddy and other accused in a case pertaining to alleged illegal mining involving his OMC firm, after they were produced through video-link.