Jagir Singh is new city BSP president
- Real estate bill: BJP hits back at Rahul Gandhi, asks if he visited hail-affected farmers in Amethi
- Mumbai: Assistant sub-inspector shoots senior, self in Vakola police station
- Moga bus molestation: Deputy CM Sukhbir Singh orders Orbit buses off the road amid protests
- Three killed, 16 injured in accident at Harduaganj thermal station
- Amarnath Yatra: Nirmal Singh hits back at Geelani, says separatists have become 'irrelevant'
Jagir Singh was on Saturday named the president of the Chandigarh unit of the Bahujan Samaj Party, thus replacing M C Suman at the post.
Meanwhile Haffiz Anwar-ul-Haq will continue as the convenor of the party. Along with him, party general secretary Sudesh Khurcha will also be the convenor.
The changes have been brought about keeping in view the Lok Sabha elections scheduled for 2014. Jagir Singh has been associated with the party for the past few years. The party leaders stated that they would work towards winning the forthcoming elections.