Jagir Singh is new city BSP president
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
Jagir Singh was on Saturday named the president of the Chandigarh unit of the Bahujan Samaj Party, thus replacing M C Suman at the post.
Meanwhile Haffiz Anwar-ul-Haq will continue as the convenor of the party. Along with him, party general secretary Sudesh Khurcha will also be the convenor.
The changes have been brought about keeping in view the Lok Sabha elections scheduled for 2014. Jagir Singh has been associated with the party for the past few years. The party leaders stated that they would work towards winning the forthcoming elections.