Jagir Singh is new city BSP president
- Kumar Vishwas claims threat to life, to file FIR against Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 2 States movie review: Alia Bhatt is a surprise
Jagir Singh was on Saturday named the president of the Chandigarh unit of the Bahujan Samaj Party, thus replacing M C Suman at the post.
Meanwhile Haffiz Anwar-ul-Haq will continue as the convenor of the party. Along with him, party general secretary Sudesh Khurcha will also be the convenor.
The changes have been brought about keeping in view the Lok Sabha elections scheduled for 2014. Jagir Singh has been associated with the party for the past few years. The party leaders stated that they would work towards winning the forthcoming elections.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer