Jagsir clinches gold medal in single sculls
- Maoists kill at least 7 poll officials, seven others in twin attack in Chhattisgarh
- World doesn't trust Modi, says Congress citing British newspaper
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over 'Kargil won by Muslim soldiers' remark
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- Did not get personal with Narendra Modi, says Rahul Gandhi
Jagsir Singh's brilliant effort yielded him a gold in single scull in the Chandigarh State Junior rowing championship for boys and girls held at Sukhna Lake on Saturday morning. He clocked 4:04.76 seconds. Gurmej Singh came second with a timing of 4:06.29s while Aayush Grover grabbed bronze after clocking 4:23.53 seconds. In double sculls, Ravi Kumar and Gurmej Singh's combined effort of 3:38.62 seconds was enough to take them to the top spot and win gold. Aayush Grover and Vikram Singh Brar came second with a timing of 4:07.49s and Sahil Mittal paired with Dishan Sehgal to clinch bronze after clocking 4:41.00 seconds. In coxless pairs, Tarsem Singh and Sunil Kumar gave a good account of themselves to claim the gold with a timing of 3:47.31 seconds. Gurjant Singh and Sarbjeet Singh came second with 3:47.62 seconds while Jaswinder Singh and Jagraj Singh took bronze after clocking 3:56.08s. Similarly, in coxless fours, Desraj, Sunil Kumar, Angrej Singh and Gurjant Singh took the gold medal after crossing the finish line with a timing of 3:32.56s. Tarsem Singh, Manjeet Singh, Jagraj Singh and Jaswinder Singh came second with 3:36.54 seconds.
In women's category, Amrit Pal Kaur grabbed gold in single sculls with a timing of 4:40.68s. Rowers would be selected for the training camp for the forthcoming 33rd Junior National rowing championship to held at Jagatpur, Odisha, from November 4 to 11, on the basis of their performance in the ongoing championship.
Sumer breezes into next round
Panchkula:Sumer Sandhu, one of the favouites to win the title, cruised into the next round of boy's Under-12 category of The British Total tennis tournament held on Saturday. Sumer demolished Shivam 6-2 in a match that lasted only 30 minutes. In the same category, Adeesh Bansal thrashed Yugam Verma 6-0. Meanwhile, in the boy's Under-10 category, Neel Singh also registered a comprehensive 6-0 win over Aditya Raj 6-0.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit