Jaguar Land Rover launches new Freelander 2 priced up to Rs 43.92 lakh
- After arrest, Jitender Singh Tomar resigns as Delhi Law Minister
- Army begins operation near Myanmar border, kills militants involved in Manipur ambush
- Joint CP Mukesh Kumar Meena hits back, says he took charge at ACB under L-G's orders
- Congress president Sonia Gandhi accuses PM Modi of 'U-turns, falsehoods'
- UP minister booked for burning journalist to death over Facebook post
Tata Motors-owned Jaguar Land Rover today launched the new version of locally-built Land Rover Freelander 2 in India, priced up to Rs 43.92 lakh (ex-showroom Mumbai).
The Freelander 2 is available in two variants. While the 2.2 litre diesel TD4 SE is priced at Rs 38.67 lakh, the 2.2 litre diesel SD4 HSE comes at Rs 43.92 lakh (ex-showroom Mumbai), the company said in a statement.
Commenting on the new launch, Jaguar Land Rover India Vice President Rohit Suri said: "The Freelander 2 has proved to be extremely popular with Indian customers and this new model brings a more premium look and feel to the overall driving experience."
The company said the latest version of the Freelander 2 will have new exterior design features and upgraded equipment levels apart from new colours. The interiors also have a host of new features including a centre console, 7-inch colour touch-screen with enhanced audio systems and a fully integrated navigation system.
The key dock has been replaced by passive start and the new model will also have an 'intelligent' electric parking brake, which adjusts brake force according to the slope the vehicle is parked on.
The rear view camera capability is also new to the Freelander 2 and is available as standard.