Jail for 4 of thievesí gang
- Sheena Bora murder case: Third accused Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police
- 3 civilians dead, nearly a dozen injured in Pakistan firing in J&K
- Nitish Kumar's Arvind Kejriwal symbolism looks good but unease in allies RJD, Congress
- OROP row: Veterans reject govt offer, boycott 1965 golden jubilee celebrations
- Patidar protest: HC directs CID to investigate custodial death of Patel youth
An interstate gang was sentenced to three year' rigorous imprisonment by a special railway court in Daund for their alleged involvement in several railway theft cases.
The accused have been identified as Mohammed Istekar mohammed Badruddin (20), Gautam Kumar Narendra Prasad (22), Vinod Kumar alias Madhukar Matuki Nishad (37) and Arvindkumar alias Aman Garibnath Mandal (27), all hailing from Bihar.
Investigations revealed that the accused used purchased tickets for long distance trains. They used to enter these trains as passengers, read newspaper while travelling. Then by diverting passengers they stole valuables from fellow passengers' bags.
Last year, they allegedly stole gold ornaments worth Rs 7.89 lakh from the bag of a family travelling from Solapur to Bijapur. A passenger Nargis Abdul Wahab Kachi lodged a theft offence with the Solapur police.