Jailed MLA allowed to attend Assembly
- Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Why should I condemn it, asks Deve Gowda on Mulayam Singh's 'rape' remark
- Congress rakes up Vajpayee's Rajdharma remark post 2002 Gujarat riots to take on Modi
- Those with blood on their hands should not speak about the country: Mamata
- After Mulayam's rape shocker, Abu Azmi suggests death for sex 'with or without consent'
MLA Mukhtar Ansari charged under MCOCA for allegedly being part of an organised crime syndicate has been allowed by a Delhi court to attend the state Assembly session. "Accused Mukhtar Ansari, as reported is a sitting MLA of UP Legislative Assembly. Permission is accordingly accorded for accused for his production to attend the Vidhan Sabha proceedings," Additional Sessions Judge Savita Rao said. The ASJ, however, directed that Ansari, who is currently lodged in Agra jail, should be produced before the court on February 20, the next date of hearing, without fail.
An independent legislator from Mau, Ansari is an accused in the 2005 murder of BJP MLA Krishnanand Rai.