Jaiprakash Associates defers share sale in unit Jaypee Infratech after prices fall
- LIVE: Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi taken away for questioning over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- Ukraine crisis: Crimea sets referendum on whether to join Russia
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
Indian engineering and construction company Jaiprakash Associates Ltd has deferred a planned sale of shares in its unit Jaypee Infratech after share prices of the subsidiary fell 8.5 percent on Wednesday, the parent company said.
"In view of today's unusual fall in the share price of Jaypee Infratech ... Jaiprakash Associates Ltd has decided to defer the said offer for sale," the company said in a statement late on Wednesday.
Jaiprakash Infratech, which builds roads and homes primarily in the north Indian state of Uttar Pradesh, had planned to sell 98.5 million shares on Thursday to raise up to $94 million to meet the market regulator's guidelines on minimum public shareholding.
On Tuesday, Jaiprakash Associates, which owns about 83 percent of Jaypee Infratech, had said it would sell 27.9 million shares to institutional investors with an option to increase it by another 70.6 million.
Company INFO More on Jaiprakash Associates
- No jobs for students of state’s first dairy, fisheries colleges
- Mayor blames contractors for bad roads, says better material to be used now
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students