Jaipur 'AC double-decker' train to be flagged off on August 16
- Missing Malaysian jetliner: Plane's disappearance deliberate, says Malaysian PM
- Eyes on UP prize, Narendra Modi set for Varanasi
- Arrest warrant issued against Devyani Khobragade in US visa fraud case
- Unfazed, Arvind Kejriwal fires yet another salvo at media
- CRPF says police stalled its plan, may have averted Maoist ambush
Rail passengers travelling between Jaipur and Delhi have one more reason for celebration on 66th Independence day. After a long wait the elusive double-decker air-conditioned train is all set to have its maiden run.
The much-awaited AC double-decker train will be flagged off by Railway Minister Mukul Roy on August 16 from Sarai Rohilla station here, according to Railway officials.
As the fully air-conditioned double decker wagons for train are waiting the maiden run at the Delhi cantonment railway station, authorities of North Western Railways are geared up to give 'green signal' on Thursday.
The service was announced by former rail minister Mamata Banarjee in her Budget for 2011-12.
According to the officials, the train has completed test-run successfully and all the required technical clearances is over.
The double-decker trains are designed indigenously by Research Development and Standard Organisation and have been developed by the Kapurthala rail coach factory.
The train would have 13 coaches with a sitting capacity of 120 passengers in each coach. The lower floor of the double-decker has a capacity of 70 passengers while the upper floor has an in-take capacity of 50 passengers.
The double-decker train is going to replace the Jaipur-Delhi non-stop special and would have Gurgaon, Delhi Cant and Delhi Sarai Rohilla as its halt stations.
Asked about the fare of the train, a railway official said, "Train is fully AC chair car the fare from Jaipur to Gurgaon would be Rs 327. For Jaipur to Delhi cantonment, it would be Rs 337 and the journey from Jaipur to Delhi Sarai Rohilla would cost Rs 347." He further said, "The train will run from Jaipur at 6 am and from New Delhi at 4:30 pm daily"
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- Trouble in alliance with Congress, TRS turns to BJP
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy