Jairam praises Mamata role in Junglemahal
- PM Modi discusses GST bill with Manmohan, Sonia at 7 RCR; Cong says demands non-political
- Withdraw convocation invite to Narendra Modi: Jamia Millia alumni to VC
- PoK will remain with Pakistan, J&K will remain with India: Farooq Abdullah
- Liquor ban in Bihar: Nitish Kumar's poll promise to women comes at a high cost
- Amarinder Singh appointed as new Punjab Cong President
Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh on Thursday praised West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee and Trinamool Congress MP Suvendu Adhikari for their "political mobilisation" to counter the Naxal menace in the Junglemahal region of the state.
"The kind of political mobilisation that happened in Junglemahal during the last two years is worth mentioning and one should not take away the credit due to her. While Mamata Banerjee has been an overarching figure behind this political mobilisation, Suvendu Adhikari has been instrumental in organising it on the ground. Both of them should be praised for playing an instrumental role in changing the ground situation in Junglemahal," Ramesh told Bengal Rural Development Minister Subrato Mukherjee.
Adhikari is facing a controversy for interference in the affairs of Haldia Dock Complex.
- Good governance is in actions, not in 'abolishing' religious holidays of minorities
- Respecting sovereignty is the essence of bilateral diplomatic engagement
- Islam doesn’t justify targeting innocent lives in the manner in which it was done in Paris
- Imran Khan is a politician with a sense of personal destiny, and a divine mission
- Game upside down
- Why every patriot should be worried, and, yes, ashamed