Jairam Ramesh asks media to be balanced
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
In the backdrop of the recent molestation here and the national outcry over it, Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh today called upon the media to act in a more 'balanced manner'.
"Stories done by the media in the North East would be picked up by the national media and project Assam as a case where there is only ethnic violence and only atrocities on. There is more to Assam than all this," he said inaugurating a centre opened by the Tata Consultancy Services here.
"While reporting negative events the media should highlight all angles. I think there is a great responsibility on the media also to be more balanced."
Assam has been shaken by two incidents of molestation recently.