Jairam Ramesh asks media to be balanced
- ASEAN Summit: PM Modi meets Chinese counterpart; discusses bilateral ties
- Congress 'anti-national', party should be 'derecognised': Sukhbir Badal
- Tejaswi Yadav takes on critics, says don't judge a book by its cover
- Sheena Bora murder case: Charges against Peter Mukerjea outrageous, says son Rahul Mukerjea
- AAP sends invite to dissident Shanti Bhushan for NC meet
In the backdrop of the recent molestation here and the national outcry over it, Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh today called upon the media to act in a more 'balanced manner'.
"Stories done by the media in the North East would be picked up by the national media and project Assam as a case where there is only ethnic violence and only atrocities on. There is more to Assam than all this," he said inaugurating a centre opened by the Tata Consultancy Services here.
"While reporting negative events the media should highlight all angles. I think there is a great responsibility on the media also to be more balanced."
Assam has been shaken by two incidents of molestation recently.