Jaitley defends remarks on CBI chief appointment
- AAP-BJP clashes: FIR against Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi for rioting
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
- âMamata is hiring honesty from Maharashtra through Annaâ
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
- Congress bends, âopen to TRS allianceâ
On BJP leaders Shatrughan Sinha and Ram Jethmalani airing their grievances in public on the issue of resignation of Gadkari and appointment of CBI director, respectively, Jaitley said the party has already conveyed that it would be better if they raise such issues inside the party forum.
Regarding former CAG official R P Singh's statement about the 2G scam, Jaitley alleged, "This government has launched the war on the office of the CAG as on other constitutional authorities, and the present attack seems to be choreographed by the ruling party." On BJP's cold shoulder to West Bengal CM Mamta Banerjee's no-confidence motion, Jaitley said, "In Parliament there is more support for a resolution against FDI and so we have chosen it as a first step. After that we can think of any other thing."
- No jobs for students of state’s first dairy, fisheries colleges
- Mayor blames contractors for bad roads, says better material to be used now
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students