Jaitley’s heart supports FDI, so does Naidu’s: Reddy
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
Defending FDI in multi-brand retail, Congress MP T Subbarami Reddy said in the debate in the Rajya Sabha on Friday that the government had decided on the same after extensively studying the issue and taking into account all the pros and cons.
He also said that he found the whole talk about the US chain Wal-Mart amazing. "I do not understand how Wal-Mart alone can invest. Investment is open globally to all countries all over the world."
Attacking BJP and Left members for targeting the SP and BSP, the MP said it was unfair to criticise their respected leaders for supporting the government on FDI. "I would also like to say that if you open the heart of Shri Arun Jaitley, you will see that his heart supports FDI. If you open the heart of Shri Venkaiah Naidu, you will find that his heart knows that FDI is good for the nation and wants to support it."