Jalandhar DC bans registration of properties
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
Taking stern action to stop the spread of illegal colonies coming under the Jalandhar Development Authority, the deputy commissioner of Jalandhar, Shruti Singh, on Thursday issued orders to revenue officers directing them not to register any properties in illegal Jalandhar colonies.
There are around 1,000 illegal colonies in Jalandhar of which many come under Jalandhar Development Authority.
The deputy commissioner said all legal colonies of Jalandhar would be displayed on the official website soon and before registration of any property complete investigation will be done.
Revenue department officials said that most of the illegal colonies belong to several small and big politicians and it is to be seen that how the pressure from them can be ignored by the department.
- BJP was not dependent on Dalits to win Gujarat. But the apathy may cost in other states
- Jayalalithaa and Mamata defend Mayawati, recast politics on gender lines
- The Worship of False Gods
- As Trump’s support cuts across traditional lines, Hillary Clinton has a tough task
- SH Raza He was the last of Progressive Artists’ Group titans. Only the Bindu remains
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food