Jalgaon man dies of H1N1 in city, toll touches 21
- In Dadri, BJP's Sangeet Som accuses UP govt of framing innocent men for lynching incident
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says doctor
- Shashank Manohar unanimously elected as new BCCI president
- Non-declarants of foreign assets to be tried under black money law: FM
- Bihar polls: 130 candidates with serious criminal charges to contest in first phase
A 46-year-old man from Jalgaon died of respiratory failure caused by H1N1 virus late on Friday. He was suffering from fever and was shifted to Pune for treatment when he complained of dry cough and throat pain.
This is the 21st death in PMC area since April this year. Doctors said that majority of the cases were from outside Pune and patients were admitted to hospitals in an advanced stage of the disease.
The 46-year-old was suffering from swine flu like symptoms from September 22 and was advised hospitalisation on September 24. He was shifted to Ruby Hall Clinic on September 26 when he was given Tamiflu tablets.