Jalgaon man dies of H1N1 in city, toll touches 21
A 46-year-old man from Jalgaon died of respiratory failure caused by H1N1 virus late on Friday. He was suffering from fever and was shifted to Pune for treatment when he complained of dry cough and throat pain.
This is the 21st death in PMC area since April this year. Doctors said that majority of the cases were from outside Pune and patients were admitted to hospitals in an advanced stage of the disease.
The 46-year-old was suffering from swine flu like symptoms from September 22 and was advised hospitalisation on September 24. He was shifted to Ruby Hall Clinic on September 26 when he was given Tamiflu tablets.
- We need national framework to address agricultural problems
- A full engagement with Pakistan cannot withstand major terror strikes
- Increasing maternity leave is a tiny step for women at work
- Telescope: A question for TV
- ‘Comfort Women Peace Statue’: An uncomfortable legacy
- Suspending dialogue after terrorist attack gives jihadis a veto over talks