Jalgaon man dies of H1N1 in city, toll touches 21
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR field, Southee makes his IPL debut against CSK
A 46-year-old man from Jalgaon died of respiratory failure caused by H1N1 virus late on Friday. He was suffering from fever and was shifted to Pune for treatment when he complained of dry cough and throat pain.
This is the 21st death in PMC area since April this year. Doctors said that majority of the cases were from outside Pune and patients were admitted to hospitals in an advanced stage of the disease.
The 46-year-old was suffering from swine flu like symptoms from September 22 and was advised hospitalisation on September 24. He was shifted to Ruby Hall Clinic on September 26 when he was given Tamiflu tablets.
At present, there are 21 swine flu patients across hospitals in Pune and four are on ventilator support.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'