Jalgaon man dies of H1N1 in city, toll touches 21
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
A 46-year-old man from Jalgaon died of respiratory failure caused by H1N1 virus late on Friday. He was suffering from fever and was shifted to Pune for treatment when he complained of dry cough and throat pain.
This is the 21st death in PMC area since April this year. Doctors said that majority of the cases were from outside Pune and patients were admitted to hospitals in an advanced stage of the disease.
The 46-year-old was suffering from swine flu like symptoms from September 22 and was advised hospitalisation on September 24. He was shifted to Ruby Hall Clinic on September 26 when he was given Tamiflu tablets.
At present, there are 21 swine flu patients across hospitals in Pune and four are on ventilator support.