Woman travelling to Delhi gangraped, murdered in Bihar, body hung from tree
- Handwara protests: One arrested, manhunt launched to nab the second
- Armed men attack Chhattisgarh church, set afire Bible, thrash pastor
- ‘Drought selfie’ to ‘water for breweries’, Pankaja Munde leaves BJP red-faced
- Global economy grim, worrisome; countries aspiring for 1-2% growth: Jaitley
- A mockery of both science and sensibility: What's wrong with the tiger numbers
A woman from Jalpaiguri, who got down from a Delhi-bound train in Bhagalpur district, was gangraped, killed and her body hung from a tree in a mango orchard. Police said the 32-year-old victim, who was travelling on Brahmaputra Mail, was dragged to the mango orchard and gangraped by unidentified persons after she alighted from the train between Vikramshila and Kahalgaon stations.
She was strangulated and her body hung from a tree late Saturday night. Police recovered the body on Sunday and sent it for post mortem. The victim boarded the train from Alipore along with her son.
- With sugar industry and politics twined, drought a manmade disaster in Maharashtra
- After the Kollam temple tragedy, reasoned debate has been given a go by
- Bangladesh: Another blogger down
- Raja-Mandala: India, OIC and the Kashmir charade
- Ajit Doval apprising SC judges on national security weakens democracy
- India has not matched Ambedkar’s poignant urgency for swift action against social apartheid