Woman travelling to Delhi gangraped, murdered in Bihar, body hung from tree
- Bulandshahr gangrape case: SC pulls up Azam Khan for calling the incident 'political conspiracy'
- Rajnath Singh to lead all-party team to Kashmir on September 4
- Banks, govt offices reopen, private cars back on roads as curfew lifted in most parts of Kashmir
- Expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa says won't resign from Rajya Sabha
- Scorpene Submarine data leak being viewed 'very seriously', says Navy chief
A woman from Jalpaiguri, who got down from a Delhi-bound train in Bhagalpur district, was gangraped, killed and her body hung from a tree in a mango orchard. Police said the 32-year-old victim, who was travelling on Brahmaputra Mail, was dragged to the mango orchard and gangraped by unidentified persons after she alighted from the train between Vikramshila and Kahalgaon stations.
She was strangulated and her body hung from a tree late Saturday night. Police recovered the body on Sunday and sent it for post mortem. The victim boarded the train from Alipore along with her son.
- Kashmiris must use fresh methods, free of radical Islam, free of violence
- Kalburgi, Pansare and Dabholkar melded modern sensibilities with tradition
- Islam does not discriminate in allowing entry to places of worship
- Modi and Obama should wrap up the unfinished tasks in the agenda set by them
- Strong intellectual property rights infrastructure will help Indian industry
- Public policy today, demands a bureaucracy less generalist