James Bond film 'Skyfall' joins the $1 billion club
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
Daniel Craig starrer 'Skyfall' has become the most successful James Bond film in the 007 spy series by crossing the USD 1 billion mark worldwide.
Directed by Sam Mendes and marking Craig's third turn as the iconic spy, the movie reached the milestone yesterday when its worldwide tally hit USD 1 billion, by far the best showing of any Bond picture, not accounting for inflation, the Hollywood Reporter said.
"It is truly thrilling to reach this incredible milestone," said MGM chairman-CEO Gary Barber.
'Skyfall' is also the third movie of 2012 to cross USD 1 billion in worldwide ticket sales after Disney and Marvel's 'The Avengers' (USD 1.51 billion) and Warner Bros' 'The Dark Knight Rises' (USD 1.08 billion). Only 14 films have grossed USD 1 billion or more so far.
'Skyfall' has grossed USD 289.6 million domestically and USD 710.6 million internationally, becoming the highest grossing film in Sony's history and the first to jump USD 1 billion.
"To see a film connect with audiences is always gratifying, but the success of this film is nothing short of extraordinary. After 50 years of entertaining audiences all over the world, Skyfall is the most successful James Bond film of all time," Sony'S vice chairman Jeff Blake said.
The film, from Eon Productions, is the 23rd installment in the iconic British spy franchise. Skyfall also stars Javier Bardem, Judi Dench and Ralph Fiennes.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress