James Bondís classic Aston Martin DB5 returns in 'Skyfall
- Yoga Day celebration at Rajpath sets two Guinness World Records
- Yoga not religious; an antidote to violence, conflict: Swaraj at UN
- Death toll climbs to 97 in Mumbai hooch tragedy, 2 women arrested
- 'Peepli Live' co-director, Mahmood Farooqui arrested on rape charges
- Lalit Modi invoked British royal names for UK travel papers
The world's most famous spy, James Bond, will drive an Aston Martin DB5 in the upcoming film, Skyfall, it has been confirmed.
But unlike its last (brief) appearance in 2006's Casino Royale, this time the DB5 is expected to play a more prominent role in Skyfall, set for release in November.
It may even be involved in its first chase sequence since its appearance in 1964's Goldfinger, according to media report.
Although it is not the identical DB5 that appeared in Goldfinger, it will carry the same BMT 216A numberplates as it did when Sean Connery drove it, the Age reported.
Skyfall will mark the sixth appearance of the DB5 in a Bond movie (Goldfinger, Thunderball, Casino Royale, Tomorrow Never Dies and GoldenEye).
"We have used different cars from time to time, but we've always come back to Aston Martin," Michael G. Wilson, producer said. "It's a signature car for Bond."
Director Sam Mendes says the decision to go with the DB5 was based on cinematic themes, not any financial endorsement from Aston Martin.