James Cameron praises Ang Lee's 'Life Of Pi 3D'
- GST Bill in Rajya Sabha this week, Jaitley to discuss amendments with state finance ministers
- Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio 2016 Olympics participation under threat
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan arrested for threatening a woman
- Kin of missing AN-32 passengers, crew: Across the country, they wait for word, hoping and praying
- Kashmir unrest: Of 317 with pellet injuries in action by CRPF, over 50% have been hit in eye
Director Ang Lee's much anticipated film 'Life Of Pi' is already generating an Oscar buzz and now veteran Hollywood filmmaker James Cameron has praised the 3D film.
"'Life of Pi' breaks the paradigm that 3D has to be some big, action fantasy spectacle, superhero movie. The movie is visually amazing, inventive, and it works on you in ways you are not really aware of," said Cameron, whose 3D magnum opus 'Avatar' broke all records in 2009.
"It takes you on a journey, and unless you have read the book, which I had not, you have no idea where that journey is going. It does what good 3D is supposed to do, which is, it allows you to forget you are watching a 3D movie," Cameron added.
'Life Of Pi' is based on Yann Martel's novel and stars debutante Suraj Sharma along with Tabu and Irrfan Khan.
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi