James Cameron praises Ang Lee's 'Life Of Pi 3D'
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
Director Ang Lee's much anticipated film 'Life Of Pi' is already generating an Oscar buzz and now veteran Hollywood filmmaker James Cameron has praised the 3D film.
"'Life of Pi' breaks the paradigm that 3D has to be some big, action fantasy spectacle, superhero movie. The movie is visually amazing, inventive, and it works on you in ways you are not really aware of," said Cameron, whose 3D magnum opus 'Avatar' broke all records in 2009.
"It takes you on a journey, and unless you have read the book, which I had not, you have no idea where that journey is going. It does what good 3D is supposed to do, which is, it allows you to forget you are watching a 3D movie," Cameron added.
'Life Of Pi' is based on Yann Martel's novel and stars debutante Suraj Sharma along with Tabu and Irrfan Khan.
The film will hit theatres on November 23 in English, Hindi, Tamil and Telegu.