James claims top honour in 66kg weight category
- Telangana bill passage shows country can take difficult decisions: Prime Minister
- Top General speaks on 2012 troop movement: "Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly"
- âTroop movement shouldâve been avoided if they knew (V K Singhâs) court dateâ
- The 2012 troop movement investigations
- India slams Pakistan for allowing Masood Azhar to spew venom
Showing off his mettle, James Babu of Ludhiana-based Kamla Lohtia Sanatan Dharam College (KLSD) bagged the gold medal in the 66kg weight category of the Panjab University (PU) Inter-College Men's Powerlifting Championship, organised at the PU Gymnasium Hall in Chandigarh on Monday. Babu lifted a total weight of 470kg to clinch the top honour. Gurpreet Singh of Gobindgarh Public College (GPC), Alour, bagged the silver with a total lift of 430kg. Meanwhile, Parvinder Singh, also from GPC-Alour, won bronze by lifting 422kg. In the 74kg category, Ramandeep Singh of the PU Campus team claimed the top honour by lifting 515kg. Ramandeep Singh of Government College, Karamsar (Ludhiana), finished at the second spot by lifting 470kg. Gurbhej Singh of GNK College, Abohar, came third by lifting 465kg.In the 83kg category, Amit Kumar of Sri Guru Gobind Singh College, Sector 26 (Chandigarh), claimed gold by lifting 607kg. Gurpreet Singh (570kg) of GPC-Alour and Gaurav Kumar (555kg) of LR DAV College, Jagraon (Ludhiana), won silver and bronze medals, respectively. Putting up a stellar show, Nitin Syal of LR DAV-Jagraon won the 93kg category with a total lift of 580kg. Bir Devinder Singh of GPC-Alour bagged the silver medal by lifting 565kg. The bronze was won by Jarnail Singh of GNK College-Abohar with a total lift of 520kg.
Results: 66kg: 1 James Babu (KLSD, Ludhiana) 2 Gurpreet Singh (GPC, Alour) 3 Parvinder Singh (GPC, Alour).74kg: 1 Ramandeep Singh (PU Campus) 2 Ramandeep Singh (Government College, Karamsar) 3 Gurbhej Singh (GNK College, Abohar).83kg: 1 Amit Kumar (SGGS College, Chandigarh) 2 Gurpreet Singh (GPC, Alour) 3 Gaurav Kumar (LR DAV College, Jagraon)93kg: 1 Nitin Syal (LR DAV, Jagraon) 2 Bir Devinder Singh (GPC, Alour) 3 Jarnail Singh (GNK College, Abohar)
DAV College body builders grab top spot
Chandigarh: Maintaining their supremacy in the sport, DAV College, Sector 10, Chandigarh bagged the top spot with 17 points in the Panjab University Inter College Championship played for body building held at the PU campus on Tuesday. DAV College grabbed three gold and one bronze medal. Anil bagged gold in below 60 kg weight category while Azim and Harinder Pal Singh grabbed gold medals in below 70 kg and 75 kg weight categories respectively. Ajay Khan pocketed bronze in the below 90 kg weight category. Meanwhile SD College emerged as runner-up with several gold medals.
- What should common man expect when PM’s killers are freed: Rahul on Jayalalithaa’s decision
- Anna Hazare says, I support Mamata Banerjee for her ideas
- The regressive state | The Indian Express
- Top General speaks: Def Secy summoned me late night, said highest seat of power was worried, troops must go back quickly