Jammu and Kashmir Govt to organise International rafting C'ship from Feb 24
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Narendra Modi
- Elections 2014 LIVE: EC censures Amit Shah, Azam Khan over controversial remarks
- Rahul Gandhi tells Narendra Modi: 'Ullu' banana band karo
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: Malinga breaks solid stand, cleans up Pandey for 64
Jammu and Kashmir will host an International Rafting Championship in Doda district from Februay 24 with participation from across the world.
"The Tourism department is going to organise international Rafting Championship at Pul Doda from Feb 24 with participation from across the world," Minister for Tourism Gulam Ahmed Mir said while addressing the valedictory function of Winter Carnival, organised by the State Tourism Department in collaboration with Patnitop Development Authority (PDA), at Patnitop, 108 kms from here yesterday.
Spelling out measures being taken for promotion of adventure tourism in the state, Mir said the evnt will be held for four days in river Chenab near Pull Doda.
He further said rafting teams from abroad have arrived in the state to participate in this event.
Mir said the Jammu and Kashmir state is blessed with abundant natural splendor which the government is tapping to the optimum by developing new destinations besides creating latest tourism infrastructure for domestic and foreign tourists.
"The adventure pilgrims and sports tourism are also the focus area of the government which have tremendous scope in the state", he added.
The Minister said Patnitop is one of the famous hill and health resort of the country and efforts are on to attract more and more tourists to this famous destination.