Jammu and Kashmir Govt to organise International rafting C'ship from Feb 24
- Day after Rahul Gandhi slams PM Modi, Amit Shah condemns politics over surgical strikes
- Prohibition to stay in Bihar: SC stays Patna HC judgment setting aside liquor ban
- US says does not support declaring Pakistan a 'terrorist state'
- Talk on stage at Parrikar event: 200 killed, atom bomb vs atom bomb
- Hurricane Matthew: Haiti death toll rises to 339, deadly storm hits Florida
Jammu and Kashmir will host an International Rafting Championship in Doda district from Februay 24 with participation from across the world.
"The Tourism department is going to organise international Rafting Championship at Pul Doda from Feb 24 with participation from across the world," Minister for Tourism Gulam Ahmed Mir said while addressing the valedictory function of Winter Carnival, organised by the State Tourism Department in collaboration with Patnitop Development Authority (PDA), at Patnitop, 108 kms from here yesterday.
Spelling out measures being taken for promotion of adventure tourism in the state, Mir said the evnt will be held for four days in river Chenab near Pull Doda.
He further said rafting teams from abroad have arrived in the state to participate in this event.
Mir said the Jammu and Kashmir state is blessed with abundant natural splendor which the government is tapping to the optimum by developing new destinations besides creating latest tourism infrastructure for domestic and foreign tourists.
"The adventure pilgrims and sports tourism are also the focus area of the government which have tremendous scope in the state", he added.
- Revealing Elena Ferrante’s identity violates her desire for privacy
- Breakdown of LoC ceasefire will make it difficult for army to control infiltration
- Academic publishers suit shows how much they benefitted from intellectual commons
- Lack of unity has prevented Sindhi nationalists from pressuring Islamabad
- India must be prepared to deal with a disease that is growing globally
- Challenge for India’s leaders is to show that strength can be blended with subtlety & deftness