Jammu: Madrassa teachers burn boy's feet to discipline him
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition stable, must have consumed some tablets, says doctor
- Why is PM Modi silent on Dadri lynching? asks Opposition
- 'Arrogant' Nitish will return the money I will give for Bihar: Modi at Banka rally
- Terming Gandhi his 'inspiration', PM Modi bats for saving environment
- India's climate change goals - ambitious but achievable
In a shocking case, two teachers at a madrassa allegedly burnt the feet of a 11-year-old student by pressing hot iron on them after the child tried to run away from the seminary in Rajouri district.
The two teachers -- Anwar-ul-Haq and Ahmed Jameel- allegedly pressed hot iron on the feet of Mohmmad Musharaf as "punishment" for trying to run away from the madrassa in Rajouri district a few days ago, SSP, Rajouri, Mubassir Latifee said on Tuesday.
The incident came to light yesterday when the maternal uncle of child visited the institute.
He reported the matter to police, which registered a case and arrested the two teachers of Madrassa Nasurat-ul-uloom in Ahdarkote, Rajouri.
The child is recuperating in a Rajouri hospital.
Rajouri district has witnessed two cases of brutality by teachers in the recent past.
On December 6, 2012, the right arm of a nine-year-old girl was fractured after she was allegedly caned by a teacher for coming late to school in Rajouri district.