Jammu: Madrassa teachers burn boy's feet to discipline him
- All attempts being made to free soldier in Pakistan captivity: Rajnath Singh
- SC cancels Mohammad Shahabuddin's bail, orders police to take him into custody
- Congress and I stand by PM Narendra Modi: Rahul Gandhi on surgical strikes
- Bihar liquor ban: Patna HC strikes down govt's prohibition law, terms it 'illegal'
- LIVE: PM Modi calls second Cabinet Committee on Security meet
In a shocking case, two teachers at a madrassa allegedly burnt the feet of a 11-year-old student by pressing hot iron on them after the child tried to run away from the seminary in Rajouri district.
The two teachers -- Anwar-ul-Haq and Ahmed Jameel- allegedly pressed hot iron on the feet of Mohmmad Musharaf as "punishment" for trying to run away from the madrassa in Rajouri district a few days ago, SSP, Rajouri, Mubassir Latifee said on Tuesday.
The incident came to light yesterday when the maternal uncle of child visited the institute.
He reported the matter to police, which registered a case and arrested the two teachers of Madrassa Nasurat-ul-uloom in Ahdarkote, Rajouri.
The child is recuperating in a Rajouri hospital.
Rajouri district has witnessed two cases of brutality by teachers in the recent past.
On December 6, 2012, the right arm of a nine-year-old girl was fractured after she was allegedly caned by a teacher for coming late to school in Rajouri district.
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment