Jammu: Police constable molests college girl inside moving bus
- Netaji files show family was under observation, intercepted communication hinted at sightings
- Indian fisherman allegedly killed in Pakistan firing off Gujarat coast
- Maharashtra government transfers Sheena Bora murder case to Central Bureau of Investigation
- Another drowned toddler washes up on Turkish beach: report
- Taliban attack on Pakistan base kills 29; 16 die in mosque
A police constable allegedly molested a college girl inside a moving bus in Samba district, triggering protests by locals who also blocked a highway demanding action against him.
The district police acted swiftly and arrested constable Rajinder Singh, who is posted in Kot Bhalwal central jail, a police officer said on Thursday.
The girl was on her way home in a mini bus when Singh allegedly molested her, police said, adding that when a group of students objected, he chased them out of the vehicle.
As the news spread, people in hundreds assembled in Bari Barahamana chowk and blocked highway.
Later, police rushed to the spot in Bari-Barahamana area and arrested the cop and registered a case against him.