Jammu: Police constable molests college girl inside moving bus
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
A police constable allegedly molested a college girl inside a moving bus in Samba district, triggering protests by locals who also blocked a highway demanding action against him.
The district police acted swiftly and arrested constable Rajinder Singh, who is posted in Kot Bhalwal central jail, a police officer said on Thursday.
The girl was on her way home in a mini bus when Singh allegedly molested her, police said, adding that when a group of students objected, he chased them out of the vehicle.
As the news spread, people in hundreds assembled in Bari Barahamana chowk and blocked highway.
Later, police rushed to the spot in Bari-Barahamana area and arrested the cop and registered a case against him.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress