Jandiala Cong leaders join SAD in droves
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
In a major setback to the Congress in Majha, especially Amritsar, a large number of Congressmen, including sitting MCs and former MCs, joined SAD on Sunday. Ravinder Pal Singh Kuku — former president Jandiala Nagar Council and party general secretary — also quit the party to join the Akali Dal.
Welcoming Kuku and his team to SAD, cabinet minister Bikram Singh Majithia said: "Honest, loyal and dedicated people are always welcome in SAD."
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi