Jandiala Cong leaders join SAD in droves
- Sabir Ali steps up attack on Naqvi, says the BJP leader should prove allegations or apologise
- Five pending cases against Congress' Imran Masood
- BJP for action against illegal migrants from Bangladesh: Rajnath Singh
- Black box detector to join missing Malaysian jetliner search
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi asks if 'Shahzada' trusts his mother Sonia; BJP gives TDP 24-hours to seal alliance
In a major setback to the Congress in Majha, especially Amritsar, a large number of Congressmen, including sitting MCs and former MCs, joined SAD on Sunday. Ravinder Pal Singh Kuku — former president Jandiala Nagar Council and party general secretary — also quit the party to join the Akali Dal.
Welcoming Kuku and his team to SAD, cabinet minister Bikram Singh Majithia said: "Honest, loyal and dedicated people are always welcome in SAD."
Later, speaking to mediapersons, Majithia said: "The people have realised it is only sincerity and dedication of SAD that can steer Punjab towards peace and prosperity. So, one after the other, pro-Punjab and pro-people politicians are voluntarily joining SAD. Congress has nothing to offer to its workers and nothing at all to Punjab. The people have rejected it and its disillusioned workers are now leaving. In fact, today's switchover shows that the 'Quit Congress Movement' has began."
- Fight from Varanasi if you want to stop Modi: RUC to Mulayam
- EC disqualifies Ex-MP among 18 former candidates in JK
- BJP sets 24-hour deadline to TDP on sealing AP alliance deal
- DGCA to keep an eye on air charter firms flying politicians
- BJP propagating 'politics of hatred': Sonia Gandhi
- Down in jungleland: Spring Sonata