Jandiala Cong leaders join SAD in droves
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
In a major setback to the Congress in Majha, especially Amritsar, a large number of Congressmen, including sitting MCs and former MCs, joined SAD on Sunday. Ravinder Pal Singh Kuku — former president Jandiala Nagar Council and party general secretary — also quit the party to join the Akali Dal.
Welcoming Kuku and his team to SAD, cabinet minister Bikram Singh Majithia said: "Honest, loyal and dedicated people are always welcome in SAD."