Japan woman, 77, got USD 4 mn from man for sex and love
- Mann Ki Baat: Every life lost in Kashmir is a loss to our nation, says PM Narendra Modi
- Our collective mistakes, mishandling, have pushed Kashmir youth to violence: Omar Abdullah
- Kashmir violence: 'Alternative' to pellets already in use, says CRPF affidavit
- ISRO successfully test launches scramjet engine from Sriharikota
- Sri Lanka: Still Counting the Wounds
A 77-year-old woman who received USD 4 million from a 79-year-old man in exchange for sexual and romantic favours has been ordered to repay the cash by a court in Japan, a report said today.
The woman succeeded in getting around 400 million yen out of the man over a seven-year period, in what he said he thought were loans, which she used to buy luxury cars and a condominium, the Sports Nippon newspaper said.
"She had no ability nor any intention to repay the debts," said the court in Shizuoka, central Japan, according to the paper.
The court heard how the woman, who was not named, used what it called an "amorous net" to persuade him to part with the cash, including stripping naked in hotel rooms and asking him to bathe her.
The elderly couple began dating in June 2000, the paper said, and the woman repeatedly asked for money, which she said was to pay off debts to another man whom she would otherwise have to marry.
The man, whose identity was also not revealed, sold land he had inherited and took out loans to meet her demands.
She used the money to buy top-end cars, including a Jaguar, a BMW and a Mercedes-Benz, as well as a luxury flat.
- Dalits are angry about the hollowness of the current hyper-nationalism
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s slogan of 'insaniyat, Kashmiriat' has no meaning today
- Kejriwal’s attention is fixed on winning the Centre rather than making mohallas run better
- Inside Track: Turf tussle
- In Kashmir, so-called solutions are riddled with contradictions and divisions
- Why personal, social and political self-identification of Dalits must count more than legal nomenclature.