Japanese Emperor, Empress to visit India in November
- Vyapam scam: MP government agrees to get journalist's viscera tested at AIIMS in Delhi
- Opinion polls show 'No' votes ahead in Greek bailout referendum
- Pakistan violates ceasefire again in Kashmir, BSF gives befitting reply
- Will do everything possible to make India innovation hub: PM Narendra Modi
- Jabalpur Medical College Dean with links to Vyapam accused found dead
Japanese Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko would pay a five day visit to India from November 30.
The Royal couple, who would arrive in Delhi on November 30, will be accorded guard of honour at the Rashtrapati Bhavan. They will meet President Pranab Mukherjee, the Consulate General of Japan said in a statement here.
The visiting dignitaries will also be calling on Prime Manmohan Singh and visit Rajghat to pay homage to Mahatma Gandhi.
They are also scheduled to visit Jawaharlal Nehru University and India International Centre.
During their two-day stay in Chennai commencing from December four, they would have a luncheon meeting with Governor K Rosaiah at the Raj Bhavan and visit Kalakshetra Foundation and the Spastic Society of Tamil Nadu.