Japanese Emperor, Empress to visit India in November
- Parliament LIVE: Snooping on Rahul not right, says Congress; 'Asking for facts is not snooping'
- Waste paper to phone use: Govt revives checklist against leaks
- 14 booked for church vandalism in Haryana, cross replaced with Hanuman idol
- Pakistan: Protesters hit the streets after blasts near Lahore churches leave 15 dead
- No arrests in Bengal nun ‘rape’, church attack, local Christians nervous
Japanese Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko would pay a five day visit to India from November 30.
The Royal couple, who would arrive in Delhi on November 30, will be accorded guard of honour at the Rashtrapati Bhavan. They will meet President Pranab Mukherjee, the Consulate General of Japan said in a statement here.
The visiting dignitaries will also be calling on Prime Manmohan Singh and visit Rajghat to pay homage to Mahatma Gandhi.
They are also scheduled to visit Jawaharlal Nehru University and India International Centre.
During their two-day stay in Chennai commencing from December four, they would have a luncheon meeting with Governor K Rosaiah at the Raj Bhavan and visit Kalakshetra Foundation and the Spastic Society of Tamil Nadu.