Japanese tourist gangraped at Bodh Gaya
- National Herald case: Supreme Court orders Sonia, Rahul Gandhi to face trial
- 26/11 Mumbai attackers were getting directions from control room in Karachi, admits Headley
- Anti-India acts cannot be tolerated, say Rajnath, Smriti on JNU row
- 26/11 deposition: Sparks fly after Headley repeats Ishrat-LeT link
- Gravitational waves: A leap towards theory of everything
In a shocking incident that could jeopardize tourist inflow in Gaya, a 25-year-old Japanese woman was gang-raped on way from Bodh Gaya to Gaya railway station on Friday evening.
Police said the incident took place at around 8.30 p.m. on Friday when the 25-year-old Japanese tourist (identity protected) hired an auto-rickshaw from Bodh Gaya to reach Gaya railway station.
The auto-driver and four other persons, following her in another auto, allegedly raped the Japanese tourist at a deserted place between Bodh Gaya and Gaya. The auto-driver had deliberately taken another route to reach station avoid the normal cantonment route. The victim was dropped at Gaya railway station on Friday mignight and told the police about the incident.
The police have so far detained two persons. The auto-driver has been on the run. A rape case has been lodged against five persons at Bodh Gaya police station.
Bihar Director General of Police Neelmani confirmed the incident to The Indian Express: "We have asked Gaya police to arrest the culprits and file charge-sheet within a week and police will press for speedy trial".