Japanese tourist gangraped at Bodh Gaya
- Yadav, Bhushan wanted party's defeat in Delhi polls, allege AAP leaders
- Chhattisgarh PDS rice scam: probe widens as police find a list with names, alleged bribes
- Land bill on table, government tells opposition willing to make changes
- His last detention against norms, red flag pre-dated Mufti govt
- Assam MLA claims he warned cops before Dimapur lynching
In a shocking incident that could jeopardize tourist inflow in Gaya, a 25-year-old Japanese woman was gang-raped on way from Bodh Gaya to Gaya railway station on Friday evening.
Police said the incident took place at around 8.30 p.m. on Friday when the 25-year-old Japanese tourist (identity protected) hired an auto-rickshaw from Bodh Gaya to reach Gaya railway station.
The auto-driver and four other persons, following her in another auto, allegedly raped the Japanese tourist at a deserted place between Bodh Gaya and Gaya. The auto-driver had deliberately taken another route to reach station avoid the normal cantonment route. The victim was dropped at Gaya railway station on Friday mignight and told the police about the incident.
The police have so far detained two persons. The auto-driver has been on the run. A rape case has been lodged against five persons at Bodh Gaya police station.
Bihar Director General of Police Neelmani confirmed the incident to The Indian Express: "We have asked Gaya police to arrest the culprits and file charge-sheet within a week and police will press for speedy trial".
The victim has undergone medical and is now kept at a Gaya guesthouse where she was staying after arrival from Japan. A forensic team from Patna has reached Gaya.