Jash, Sanjana bag twin titles
- One needs to be a good listener to become a good orator: PM Modi
- Migrant crisis: Father of drowned Syrian toddler returns to Kobani for burial
- IIT graduate who fled with Harley Davidson held in Mumbai
- Delhi HC allows permanent commission for women in Indian Navy
- Hindu group forces Muslim writer in Kerala to stop Ramayana column
DimInUtive Jash Mehta, winner of double crown in the last week PRO TT promotional tourney, added another double, by winning the junior and sub-junior boys singles titles in the JVPGC Promotional Table Tennis Tournament, hosted by Juhu Vile Parle Gytmkhana Club here on Sunday. And the day also proved to be memorable one for bespectacled Sanjana Choudhary, who too ended with a double.
Both Jash and Sanjana downed their respective top seeds Akshay Gogari and Disha Shirdhankar. In fact, Jash has been in such awesome form for the last two weeks and today, he amply proved that his earlier wins were no fluke as he beat Akshay 9-11, 11-4, 4-11, 11-6, 11-9. Sanjana, on the other hand, displayed tremendous fighting qualities, both in the semis as well as in the final against top seeded Disha. Try as hard as she could, Disha just had to play second fiddle to Sanjana before Sanjana ended her misery by smashing tellingly to end the final with a 11-4, 13-11,7-11, 11-9 win.