Jash, Sanjana bag twin titles
- How did a 'peaceful' protest turn violent in Malda?
- Afghanistan: Suicide attack in Jalalabad kills 11, injures 13
- BSF finds no sign of how Pathankot attackers entered
- Beef search on train: Gauraksha leader warns SP on arrests, threatens riots
- YSR Congress MP Mithun Reddy arrested for assaulting Air India manager
DimInUtive Jash Mehta, winner of double crown in the last week PRO TT promotional tourney, added another double, by winning the junior and sub-junior boys singles titles in the JVPGC Promotional Table Tennis Tournament, hosted by Juhu Vile Parle Gytmkhana Club here on Sunday. And the day also proved to be memorable one for bespectacled Sanjana Choudhary, who too ended with a double.
Both Jash and Sanjana downed their respective top seeds Akshay Gogari and Disha Shirdhankar. In fact, Jash has been in such awesome form for the last two weeks and today, he amply proved that his earlier wins were no fluke as he beat Akshay 9-11, 11-4, 4-11, 11-6, 11-9. Sanjana, on the other hand, displayed tremendous fighting qualities, both in the semis as well as in the final against top seeded Disha. Try as hard as she could, Disha just had to play second fiddle to Sanjana before Sanjana ended her misery by smashing tellingly to end the final with a 11-4, 13-11,7-11, 11-9 win.
- Be tight-fisted
- Two decades after Bathani massacre, the families of victims wait for justice
- A harvest-time gift: New crop insurance scheme is welcome
- After playing odds and evens, the challenge is sustainable improvement
- Make education creative, encourage risk-taking and expand the idea of success
- Across the Aisle: To talk or not to talk with Pakistan