Jawan injured in militant attack on army convoy
A jawan was injured in an attack by militants on an army convoy in Kupwara district of Kashmir on Saturday.
The army convoy was fired upon by militants near Drugmulla on Kupwara-Handwara road, 80 kms from here, an army official said.
One soldier was injured in the firing, while the militants managed to flee from the spot, he said.
Search operation has been launched to track down the assailants, he added.
No militant outfit has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.
- Candidates steering towards auto unions to rev up support
- ‘Will send builders of illegal structures to jail’
- To root out corruption, vote for change and give the new face a chance, says Bains
- Green campaign: Phoolka to ride cycle, Bittu talks of birds
- SUV driver hits car, tries to run over inspector at naka; cases registered
- Parties cash in on Sunday mood, star appeal for votes
- Babri Masjid demolition sting: BJP questions timing, asks EC to stop telecast
- Apmaan ka badla lena hoga: Amit Shah in Muzaffarnagar | The Indian Express
- Arvind Kejriwal punched during roadshow in Delhi, AAP supporters thrash attacker
- Sentencing in Shakti Mills gang-rape case likely today, convicts may get death