Jay Leno sued over remark
- India beat Australia by 8 wickets, win series 2-1 to reclaim Border-Gavaskar Trophy
- African students attacked in Greater Noida: Sushma Swaraj speaks to UP CM Yogi Adityanath
- Night before blast on Ujjain train, bid to bomb Pushpak Express failed, NIA was told
- Jawan suicide: Reporter who shot sting is booked under OSA, for abetment
- Trump dials PM Modi following Assembly election victory: Here's when both leaders spoke in the past
US talk show host Jay Leno has been sued by an Indian-American in California for "racist" comments on Golden Temple and ridiculing the Sikh community by portraying the holy shrine as a vacation home.
According to court papers filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, Randeep Dhillon claims that Leno "hurt the sentiments of all Sikh people in addition to those of the plaintiff" with his joke that the Golden Temple could be a possible summer home of Mitt Romney, a Republican presidential hopeful.
The celebrity website TMZ said Dhillon has filed a libel suit and is seeking unspecified damages.
"Previously, in 2007 he called Sikhs 'diaper heads.' Clearly, Jay Leno's racist comments need to be stopped right here," the suit added.
'Will continue using Nair's services'
- What next for UP police? Keeping headcount of legit butchers, confiscating meat cleavers?
- New Delhi is waking up to China’s growing relations with India’s neighbours
- Lessons from Rwanda genocide tell us to worry about hatred on WhatsApp
- UBI could replace Central schemes which have many socio-economic benefits
- Hindu right is pushing post-truth versions of culture, nationalism, freedom
- Agricultural growth in Uttar Pradesh can be achieved by putting dairy in the lead role