Jay Leno sued over remark
- Indecision at the top, long wait for Rahul: What ails the Congress
- Ally BJP seeks to lower heat: Can’t move NIT out, don’t trash J&K Police
- Panama Papers: Mossack Fonseca on I-T radar for 9 years in Delhi, details sought
- Assam Elections: Rebel Congress leader fans wind of change
- Pluralism and tolerance hallmark of Indian civilisation: President Mukherjee
US talk show host Jay Leno has been sued by an Indian-American in California for "racist" comments on Golden Temple and ridiculing the Sikh community by portraying the holy shrine as a vacation home.
According to court papers filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, Randeep Dhillon claims that Leno "hurt the sentiments of all Sikh people in addition to those of the plaintiff" with his joke that the Golden Temple could be a possible summer home of Mitt Romney, a Republican presidential hopeful.
The celebrity website TMZ said Dhillon has filed a libel suit and is seeking unspecified damages.
"Previously, in 2007 he called Sikhs 'diaper heads.' Clearly, Jay Leno's racist comments need to be stopped right here," the suit added.
'Will continue using Nair's services'
- Bhagat Singh believed neither in religion nor violence
- Abdul Basit is both right and wrong on the bilateral dialogue process
- Varied electoral cycle in India acts as a check against demagoguery and oligarchy
- Government must switch to an income-support subsidy regime
- NIT Srinagar row must be settled urgently for the sake of J&K’s future
- To promote investments, government must boldly tackle the problems