Jay Leno sued over remark
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions over selected candidates and seat sharing
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Naidu
- Rest in freeze: Is Ashutosh Maharaj 40-day âclinically deadâ or a guru in a very long meditation?
US talk show host Jay Leno has been sued by an Indian-American in California for "racist" comments on Golden Temple and ridiculing the Sikh community by portraying the holy shrine as a vacation home.
According to court papers filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, Randeep Dhillon claims that Leno "hurt the sentiments of all Sikh people in addition to those of the plaintiff" with his joke that the Golden Temple could be a possible summer home of Mitt Romney, a Republican presidential hopeful.
The celebrity website TMZ said Dhillon has filed a libel suit and is seeking unspecified damages.
"Previously, in 2007 he called Sikhs 'diaper heads.' Clearly, Jay Leno's racist comments need to be stopped right here," the suit added.
'Will continue using Nair's services'
THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy on Wednesday said the state would continue to avail the "utilise the servicesS" of former ISRO chief G Madhavan Nair. "Nair's service had benefited the state in the past and hence we want to utilise his service in future also," he said. But by evening, Chandy's office informed that he did not exactly mean to defend Nair.