Jaya announces Rs 10 lakh reward to CA topper
- Manohar Parrikar sticks to stand, warns of action against Coast Guard officer
- Coast Guard DIG on video: Blow the Pak boat off, we don’t want to serve them biryani
- Clean chit to AAP: Nothing wrong with foreign funding, Centre tells HC
- Fake encounter case: D G Vanzara walks free; says "Acche Din" have arrived
- Defence is at heart of Make in India programme, says PM Modi at Bangalore Aero show
Lauding the achievement of the daughter of an auto-rickshaw driver from the state who topped the nationwide Chartered Accountant examinations, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa on Thursday announced an award of Rs 10 lakh for her.
"I extend my hearty greetings to Prema, who hails from a poor family but has overcome hurdles to achieve the tall feat of clearing CA exams," Jayalalithaa said in a statement here.
With a view to honouring the Mumbai-based Prema, who has made the Tamil community 'proud,' Jayalalithaa announced an incentive of Rs 10 lakh to her by the government and wished her all success in life and that she brought more laurels to the country.
DMK President M Karunanidhi and Union Minister and Congress leader G K Vassan have already announced cash rewards to the girl.