Jaya, Badal to attend Narendra Modi’s swearing-in, JD(U) may skip
- Modi takes on Mulayam, says SP misleading people under veil of secularism
- Next govt won't be formed without AAP support: Arvind Kejriwal
- Lok Sabha polls likely to commence in seven phases from April 2nd week
- China blames Islamic militants for attack by knife-wielding 'terrorists'
- Ordinances on Seemandhra, Rahul Bills are likely today
While old faces like Anandi Patel, Vaju Vala, Nitin Patel, Saurabh Patel, Vasan Ahir, Mangu Patel, Ramanlal Vora and Pradipsinh Jadeja are likely to remain part of the cabinet, veterans like Bhupendrasinh Chudasma, Ranchod Rabari, Dilip Thakor, Vasuben Trivedi and Babu Bokhiria may also get ministerial berths this time.
Thirty-nine Patel leaders, including Leuva and Kadva, have won this time. And with Leuva heavyweight Dileep Sanghani and Dalit leader Fakir Vaghela, both cabinet ministers, losing this election, the cabinet is expected to see a few new entrants to balance the caste equation.
The group of 11 newly-elected women MLAs is a mixed bag with Anandi Patel leading them. There are other experienced leaders like Nima Acharya, Bhanu Babariya and Vibhavari Dave, and first-timers like Poonam Madam, Nirmala Wadhwani and Sangita Patil.
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- Aam Aadmi Party Lok Sabha 2014 Candidates – Full list
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today