Jayalalitha sanctions over Rs 25 crore for health sector
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Announcing a slew of measures in the health sector, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa today sanctioned over Rs 25 crore for various works including upgradation of the Government Dental College and Hospital here.
She granted Rs 10 crore for the upgradation of the institution in Chennai which would be used towards construction of new buildings and procuring new equipment, a state government release here said.
Further, the number of seats in higher studies in the college had been increased from 35 to 58 and she had approved creating 36 medical and non-medical staff vacancies, it said.
The Chief Minister announced Rs five crore for construction of new building for Government Siddha Medical College at Palayamkottai, Rs 6.55 crore for a water project for Tirunelveli Medical College and Hospital and Rs 1.90 crore for Government Stanley Medical College in Chennai for renovation of a silver jubilee auditorium.
She also allocated Rs 2.51 crore towards setting up counselling centre each in 31 districts of the state besides three of them in Chennai for the benefit of the younger sections of the population, the release added.