Jayalalitha sanctions over Rs 25 crore for health sector
- Yadav, Bhushan wanted party's defeat in Delhi polls, allege AAP leaders
- Chhattisgarh PDS rice scam: probe widens as police find a list with names, alleged bribes
- Land bill on table, government tells opposition willing to make changes
- His last detention against norms, red flag pre-dated Mufti govt
- Assam MLA claims he warned cops before Dimapur lynching
Announcing a slew of measures in the health sector, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa today sanctioned over Rs 25 crore for various works including upgradation of the Government Dental College and Hospital here.
She granted Rs 10 crore for the upgradation of the institution in Chennai which would be used towards construction of new buildings and procuring new equipment, a state government release here said.
Further, the number of seats in higher studies in the college had been increased from 35 to 58 and she had approved creating 36 medical and non-medical staff vacancies, it said.
The Chief Minister announced Rs five crore for construction of new building for Government Siddha Medical College at Palayamkottai, Rs 6.55 crore for a water project for Tirunelveli Medical College and Hospital and Rs 1.90 crore for Government Stanley Medical College in Chennai for renovation of a silver jubilee auditorium.
She also allocated Rs 2.51 crore towards setting up counselling centre each in 31 districts of the state besides three of them in Chennai for the benefit of the younger sections of the population, the release added.