Jayalalitha sanctions over Rs 25 crore for health sector
- Army used 'chilly grenades' to catch Pakistani militant Sajjad Ahmed
- IPL Governing Council proposes two new teams to replace CSK, RR
- Central govt announces 98 Smart Cities, Naidu terms them 'safe investments for pvt firms'
- Sheena Bora murder: Police meet Mikhail Bora; five-day transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna
- ISRO launches rocket carrying GSAT-6 from Sriharikota
Announcing a slew of measures in the health sector, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa today sanctioned over Rs 25 crore for various works including upgradation of the Government Dental College and Hospital here.
She granted Rs 10 crore for the upgradation of the institution in Chennai which would be used towards construction of new buildings and procuring new equipment, a state government release here said.
Further, the number of seats in higher studies in the college had been increased from 35 to 58 and she had approved creating 36 medical and non-medical staff vacancies, it said.
The Chief Minister announced Rs five crore for construction of new building for Government Siddha Medical College at Palayamkottai, Rs 6.55 crore for a water project for Tirunelveli Medical College and Hospital and Rs 1.90 crore for Government Stanley Medical College in Chennai for renovation of a silver jubilee auditorium.