Jayalalitha sanctions over Rs 25 crore for health sector
- Kirti Azad seeks Modi's intervention in DDCA row, asks for specific reasons for BJP's action against him
- Govt moves to double MPs’ salary to Rs 2.8 lakh a month
- DDCA row: Give Delhi govt copies of seized papers, Court tells CBI
- 20 categories exempt: Two-wheelers, women drivers, hybrid cars, VVIPs except Delhi CM Kejriwal
- BJP leader’s son among 15 named in Dadri lynching chargesheet
Announcing a slew of measures in the health sector, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa today sanctioned over Rs 25 crore for various works including upgradation of the Government Dental College and Hospital here.
She granted Rs 10 crore for the upgradation of the institution in Chennai which would be used towards construction of new buildings and procuring new equipment, a state government release here said.
Further, the number of seats in higher studies in the college had been increased from 35 to 58 and she had approved creating 36 medical and non-medical staff vacancies, it said.
The Chief Minister announced Rs five crore for construction of new building for Government Siddha Medical College at Palayamkottai, Rs 6.55 crore for a water project for Tirunelveli Medical College and Hospital and Rs 1.90 crore for Government Stanley Medical College in Chennai for renovation of a silver jubilee auditorium.
- The court has misread the constitutional right to adult suffrage
- Rajya Sabha has failed in its role as a delaying chamber for unwise legislation
- Telescope: Somebodies, nobodies, and those in between
- Mother Teresa’s dedication to her ‘simple duty’ was itself miraculous
- A compilation of state-level good practices gives reasons to be optimistic
- COP-21 portend major trade negotiation changes for the WTO