Jayalalithaa boycotts Ansari programme
- Sonia Gandhi attacks BJP ideology, says Country is at crossroads
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi
CM J Jayalalithaa boycotted the inauguration ceremony of the new terminals at the Chennai airport by Vice President M Hamid Ansari Thursday, registering her protest against the Centre for not heeding to her request to name the new domestic terminal after her mentor and former CM M G Ramachandran. "Since it is the protocol that the CM should receive the Vice President, I went to the airport to welcome Hamid Ansari today. But the inaction of the Centre to name the terminal after MGR has pained not only me, but also people of Tamil Nadu. Hence I have taken the decision to boycott the inauguration ceremony," she said in a statement.
- Sonia, Rahul must come clean on issues raised in the books:BJP
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign