Jayalalithaa fields 5 AIADMK candidates for Karnataka polls
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
AIADMK supremo and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa today fielded her party's Karnataka unit secretary V Pugazhenthi and four others for the May 5 Assembly polls.
Pugazhenthi will contest from Gandhi Nagar while party's Executive Committee member and local unit leader K Munisamy has been fielded from Rajaji Nagar, Jayalalithaa said in a party statement.
M Anbu (Kolar Gold Field--SC), R Ravindra Kumar (Narasimharaja) and M Ravi (Hanur) are the other candidates in the fray.
Ruling BJP, Congress, JD(S) and B S Yeddyurappa's KJP are in the fray for the election for 224 Assembly seats, notification for which was issued on April 10.