JCO’s son arrested for beating up CA; 3 others at large
- Zero-tolerance towards communal violence, must act: Centre to states
- Varanasi: Violence breaks out during protest march, vehicles set ablaze
- Germany our natural partner, says Modi after meeting Merkel; 18 MoUs inked to boost trade
- Why the BJP finds itself in a spot before Gujarat local body polls
- Supreme Court suspends beef ban in Jammu & Kashmir for two months
A scuffle broke out between Mhasalkar and Honale over who should take their vehicle aside to give way to the other
Khadki police on Monday arrested Nivrutti Tanaji Honale (21), son of junior commissioned officer Tanaji Honale, for allegedly manhandling and beating up chartered accountant Yogesh Krishna Mhasalkar and his wife over a road rage dispute. Three others — Nivrutti's father, a subedar with Army base workshop in Khadki, Yogendra Yadav and an unknown Army jawan — are absconding.
Police said complainant Mhasalkar and his wife were travelling in their car near the Army base workshop on Darga Vasahat Road on Sunday when Nivrutti and Yadav were coming on a two-wheeler from the opposite direction. A scuffle broke between between Mhasalkar and Honale over who should take their vehicle aside to give way to the other.
"Nivrutti and the unknown Army jawan pulled Mhasalkar out of his car and hit him with some object. When his wife intervened, they manhandled and beat her up too," stated a remand application filed by Khadki police. Mhasalkar also alleged that he lost his five tola gold chain in the scuffle.