JD(U) has no moral right to govern Bihar: BJP
- Vyapam scam: MP government agrees to get journalist's viscera tested at AIIMS in Delhi
- Opinion polls show 'No' votes ahead in Greek bailout referendum
- Pakistan violates ceasefire again in Kashmir, BSF gives befitting reply
- Will do everything possible to make India innovation hub: PM Narendra Modi
- Jabalpur Medical College Dean with links to Vyapam accused found dead
BJP on Sunday slammed former ally JD(U), saying it had no moral right to govern Bihar as it could not ensure proper security for Narendra Modi given the serial blasts near his 'Hunkar rally' at Patna.
"The person who was to address the rally is in the Z-plus security cover category and despite that there was no proper security arrangement," BJP national spokesperson Meenakshi Lekhi told reporters here.
Blaming intelligence bureau and the CID in Bihar for 'complete intelligence failure', Lekhi said President Pranab Mukherjee was to be in Patna but cancelled his visit "owing to the rally".
"Had he come and such blasts occurred, what would have happened? Given the situation, JD(U) has no moral right to govern the state," she said.
At least five persons were killed and 66 others injured in six bomb blasts near Gandhi Maidan, the venue of BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi's rally, ahead of his reaching there to address a huge gathering.