Nitish Kumar's JDU to skip Narendra Modi swearing in
- NIA Dy SP Mohammed Tanzil shot dead, agency says attack was planned
- Kolkata flyover collapse: How red flags raised over contractor, project were ignored
- Secured release of 4 Indians from Syria: Sushma Swaraj
- Gujarat riots: Closing the door on 2002
- Omar Abdullah: Look forward to PDP MLAs saying 'Bharat Mata Ki Jai' after swearing-in
Except for the Nitish Kumar-led JD(U), all NDA chief ministers are likely to attend the swearing-in ceremony of Narendra Modi on December 26, following his third consecutive win in Gujarat. According to reports, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa will also attend the ceremony.
Among the other CMs likely to be present in the function is Parkash Singh Badal of Punjab. Senior BJP leaders L K Advani, Arun Jaitley and Sushma Swaraj will also be present. Sources said that Shiv Sena leader Udhav Thackeray has been invited for the oath taking function.
Virbhadra to take oath on Dec 25
- Dazzle of '7.5% GDP growth' shouldn't blind us to reality
- The hope, faith PM Modi inspired in 2014 speeches is fading
- T20: Once scorned by purists, can now be a thing of real beauty
- Article 356: Federalism, democracy twin pillars which have to be honoured
- Inside Track: Amit Shah, an admirer of Indira Gandhi?
- Military alignments with US, without open debate, may foreclose India’s options