Nitish Kumar's JDU to skip Narendra Modi swearing in
- Breaking: Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
Except for the Nitish Kumar-led JD(U), all NDA chief ministers are likely to attend the swearing-in ceremony of Narendra Modi on December 26, following his third consecutive win in Gujarat. According to reports, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa will also attend the ceremony.
Among the other CMs likely to be present in the function is Parkash Singh Badal of Punjab. Senior BJP leaders L K Advani, Arun Jaitley and Sushma Swaraj will also be present. Sources said that Shiv Sena leader Udhav Thackeray has been invited for the oath taking function.
Virbhadra to take oath on Dec 25
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Congress Committee chief Virbhadra Singh, 78, will take oath as chief minister of Himachal Pradesh for the sixth time on December 25 at the historic Ridge in Shimla. On Saturday evening, he was unanimously elected as leader of the Congress Legislative Party. On Sunday, party's general secretary in-charge Birender Singh met the Governor and handed over a letter informing her about his election as CLP leader. After that, the Governor's secretary visited Singh's residence and handed him a letter appointing him as CM .