Jeep rams electricity pole, Agar Nagar without power for 12 hours
- 1984 riots: Akalis protest over Capt Amarinder Singh's clean chit to Jagdish Tytler
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- India does not need a govt that makes Hindus fight Muslims: Rahul
- Giriraj Singh defiant despite FIR, says he stands by his 'Modi critics must go to Pak' remarks
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Pt Channulal Mishra backs Modi but Bismillah's family won't
People living in Agar Nagar and the surrounding areas witnessed a black day with no electricity from 4 am in the morning till the filing of the report.
It has been reported that a jeep hit the electricity pole around 4 am in front of Ragunath Hospital, Agar Nagar, B-block. Since then the electricity supply is hampered in the region. Although linemen were busy in repairing the electricity pole, heavy rain disrupted the repair work.
"We are trying to resume the power supply as soon as possible but the pole can't be repaired till the rain stops," said one of the linemen. As per Vijay Kumar, SDO, "Rain is delaying work. The pole damaged is beyond repairs which is why our linemen will take time to replace the pole. The electricity supply will be resumed in another couple of hours."
The electricity board officials said the driver of the jeep who hit the electricity pole has been arrested and police has filed a complaint against him.
As per Suman Sharma, a resident, "Right from early morning, our inverter was working." Another resident added,
"No power means no water. Children have to go to schools, men to work and without water nothing gets done." However, pleasant weather due to rain kept the weather comparatively cool.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota