Jeep rams electricity pole, Agar Nagar without power for 12 hours
- Missing AN-32: All leads have turned out to be bad, says Manohar Parrikar
- 7th Pay Commission: Govt issues notification, relief to lakhs of central govt employees
- Kashmir unrest: Barring Anantnag, curfew lifted from all parts; schools remain shut
- At least 19 killed in knife attack at facility for handicapped in Japan
- Delhi: Auto rickshaw, taxi strike hits commuters hard in the city
People living in Agar Nagar and the surrounding areas witnessed a black day with no electricity from 4 am in the morning till the filing of the report.
It has been reported that a jeep hit the electricity pole around 4 am in front of Ragunath Hospital, Agar Nagar, B-block. Since then the electricity supply is hampered in the region. Although linemen were busy in repairing the electricity pole, heavy rain disrupted the repair work.
"We are trying to resume the power supply as soon as possible but the pole can't be repaired till the rain stops," said one of the linemen. As per Vijay Kumar, SDO, "Rain is delaying work. The pole damaged is beyond repairs which is why our linemen will take time to replace the pole. The electricity supply will be resumed in another couple of hours."
The electricity board officials said the driver of the jeep who hit the electricity pole has been arrested and police has filed a complaint against him.
As per Suman Sharma, a resident, "Right from early morning, our inverter was working." Another resident added,
- BJP was not dependent on Dalits to win Gujarat. But the apathy may cost in other states
- Jayalalithaa and Mamata defend Mayawati, recast politics on gender lines
- The Worship of False Gods
- As Trump’s support cuts across traditional lines, Hillary Clinton has a tough task
- SH Raza He was the last of Progressive Artists’ Group titans. Only the Bindu remains
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food