Jenifer Lopez extortion suit dismissed
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
A Los Angeles Superior court has dismissed a cross-complaint by actress Jenifer Lopez against her former driver on December 21.
The 43-year-old 'Waiting for tonight' star had filed a USD 20 million suit against former chauffeur Hakob Manoukian in response to his lawsuit against her claiming that he was forced to resign from his job.
JLo in her countersuit had alleged that Hakob got obsessed with power and wanted to control her entire security team and demanded extra money for it.
On being refused, the 'On the Floor' hitmaker claimed he threatened to go public with confidential information that would be highly embarrassing.
Lopez alleges that the driver threatened that if he wasn't paid USD 2.8 million he would take her information to authorities and have her criminally prosecuted.
Hakob, however, refuted these allegations and said that he is being penalised for filing a legitimate lawsuit against her. He also said that he was left with no option but resign after her manager Benny Medina publicly scolded him.
His case is going to come up for hearing in May next year.