Jenifer Lopez extortion suit dismissed
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
A Los Angeles Superior court has dismissed a cross-complaint by actress Jenifer Lopez against her former driver on December 21.
The 43-year-old 'Waiting for tonight' star had filed a USD 20 million suit against former chauffeur Hakob Manoukian in response to his lawsuit against her claiming that he was forced to resign from his job.
JLo in her countersuit had alleged that Hakob got obsessed with power and wanted to control her entire security team and demanded extra money for it.
On being refused, the 'On the Floor' hitmaker claimed he threatened to go public with confidential information that would be highly embarrassing.
Lopez alleges that the driver threatened that if he wasn't paid USD 2.8 million he would take her information to authorities and have her criminally prosecuted.
Hakob, however, refuted these allegations and said that he is being penalised for filing a legitimate lawsuit against her. He also said that he was left with no option but resign after her manager Benny Medina publicly scolded him.
His case is going to come up for hearing in May next year.