Jennifer Lawrence apologizes for missing out director in Oscars speech
- India needs a law to protect Internet: Rahul on Net Neutrality
- AAP holds rally against land bill, vows to fight against 'deadly Act'
- A father-daughter angle in latest IPL conflict of interest
- Pak Army announces special force for protecting Chinese citizens
- Modi govt clears projects but where are the orders?
Jennifer Lawrence has apologised to her 'Silver Linings Playbook' director David O Russell and producer Harvey Weinstein for forgetting to thank them in her Best Actress Oscar acceptance speech.
The 22-year-old star was visibly nervous onstage after she tripped on her way to accept the trophy and in the ensuing embarrassment and excitement, she left out these two names.
Lawrence, however, issued a statement to properly thank her director and producer, the Entertainment Weekly reported.
"David O Russell: Thank you for the most incredible experience of my life. Thank you for your genius, for your guidance, for teaching me things about myself and nurturing me to be a better actor," she said in a statement.
Addressing Weinstein, co-chairman of The Weinstein Company, she said, "You championed this movie and its story from early days. Your passion and unyielding support gave this film the opportunity to thrive and touch so many people."
"Obviously it was not on purpose, I couldn't remember what I had already said and my mind went completely blank – your brain does funny things during the most overwhelming moment of your life!."