Jennifer Lawrence apologizes for missing out director in Oscars speech
- Lok Sabha polls: Ram Vilas Paswan returns to NDA as BJP-LJP agree on seat-sharing
- UP Police raids Sahara chief Subrata Roy's residence, fails to arrest him
- BJP, AAP and NCP release candidates list for general elections
- TRS MP Vijayashanthi joins Congress day after party rules out merger
- Donât appreciate Khurshid jibe: Rahul
Jennifer Lawrence has apologised to her 'Silver Linings Playbook' director David O Russell and producer Harvey Weinstein for forgetting to thank them in her Best Actress Oscar acceptance speech.
The 22-year-old star was visibly nervous onstage after she tripped on her way to accept the trophy and in the ensuing embarrassment and excitement, she left out these two names.
Lawrence, however, issued a statement to properly thank her director and producer, the Entertainment Weekly reported.
"David O Russell: Thank you for the most incredible experience of my life. Thank you for your genius, for your guidance, for teaching me things about myself and nurturing me to be a better actor," she said in a statement.
Addressing Weinstein, co-chairman of The Weinstein Company, she said, "You championed this movie and its story from early days. Your passion and unyielding support gave this film the opportunity to thrive and touch so many people."
"Obviously it was not on purpose, I couldn't remember what I had already said and my mind went completely blank – your brain does funny things during the most overwhelming moment of your life!."