Jennifer Lawrence named world's most desirable woman
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7: Maxwellâs 43-ball 95 helps KXIP chase 206
Actress Jennifer Lawrence has been named the most desirable woman by a men's online magazine poll.
The "Hunger Games" star soars from her last year's forty- seven position to the top spot as the most desirable woman in the world by AskMen magazine, reported Ace Showbiz.
"Overall, there's a sense that she's a little more authentic than other actors. She's fresh because we haven't seen her all over the gossip pages for the past three or four years," said editor-in-chief James Bassil explaining why the "Silver Linings Playbook" star becomes a favourite.
She took the crown from last year's champ, Sofia Vergara, forcing the "Modern Family" beauty to slip down to No 12. Another star who makes a huge fall is Kim Kardashian. The "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" star takes a tumble from No. 8 to No 98.
According to Bassil, the more a celebrity appears on tabloids, the least desirable they become due to the negative opinion forming from the news.
"Kim Kardashian is petering off and basically dropping off the list at this point even as she's become more visible," he said.
"Friends with Benefits" beauty Mila Kunis, Sport Illustrated Swimsuit Cover model Kate Upton, R&B superstar Rihanna and "The Amazing Spider-Man" leading lady Emma Stone make up the top 5 along with Lawrence.
- Treasure trove: Amicus points finger at temple ‘highest echelons’
- Ramdev ‘goes live’ on poll funding, Congress hits BJP on black money
- Vishwas, Cong worker booked
- Kanpur’s Muslim vote is for betterment, not to stop BJP
- Don’t name next Army Chief before May 16, BJP tells govt
- ‘Opposition conspiring to kill me’