Jennifer Lawrence suffers wardrobe malfunction at SAG Awards
- Committed to peace, but will react to unprovoked firing: Foreign secy
- US: 5 dead, including gunman, in Tennessee military facilities shootings
- Net Neutrality report by DoT: The key recommendations that need to be noted
- Efforts on to secure release of Indian held in China: officials
- 'Not at fault', replies UP cop Amitabh Thakur to chargesheet
Actress Jennifer Lawrence narrowly escaped a wardrobe malfunction at the SAG awards after her dress came close to tearing in half.
Lawrence, who was named outstanding film actress for her performance in 'Silver Linings Playbook', could barley contain her excitement as her name was announced.
Smiling and hugging people around her, the 22-year-old star made her way to the stage. She did not notice that someone had put the leg of their chair down on her expensive Christian Dior gown, tearing it in the middle.
Lawrence was shocked as she realised the mishap but like a professional, the actress quickly pushed the ripped section of dress under the gown's existing tuck and walked towards the stage.
Actresses Marion Cotillard and Nicole Kidman looked concerned for Lawrence as her dress threatened to come off.