Jennifer Lawrence trashes Oscar rivals on Saturday Night Live
- Myanmar says operation on militants was on Indian side of border
- Somnath Bharti's wife accuses him of domestic violence, DCW issues notice
- Debt-stressed Punjab farmer, who met Rahul Gandhi, commits suicide
- Jitender Tomar did not graduate from our varsity: RML Awadh University
- Railways staggers tatkal booking to ease pressure, upto 50 pc refund on cancellation
Jennifer Lawrence, who spent the last week in the spotlight, tried her hand at hosting 'Saturday Night Live' and the comedic odds certainly seemed in her favour.
The quirky 'Silver Linings Playbook' starlet began her opening monologue addressing the Meryl Streep comment once again, but also playfully bashed all of the other Oscar contenders in her category.
"I would never trash-talk any of my fellow nominees at the Golden Globes but the Oscars are another story," the New York Daily News quoted her as saying.
"Well, well, well. Look who it is Jessica Chastain. More like, Jessica Chas-ain't winning no Oscar on my watch!" she said.
On Naomi Watts she said "you were in 'The Impossible'. You know what else is impossible? You beating me on Oscar night."
Even little Quvenzhane Wallis wasn't spared.
"You think you can beat me? What you talkin' bout, Wallis? ... The alphabet called. They want their letters back," she added.
The 22-year-old actress went on to participate in several hilarious skits, including a spoof of her own movie 'The Hunger Games', reprising her role as Katniss Everdeen.